"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Monday, May 24, 2010

One more day before visit to Doc's

I honestly have no idea how I am going to get through it. But me & peanut have been surviving with very little rest these days. I really feel bad towards peanut. here s(he) is, trying to grow at the fastest rate ever and I am not able to give him the energy that s(he) needs. My bad..

weekdays last week were bad, classes on Monday and Thursday ended late cause it is our last week of class. And there was also the assignment cum presentation that I was working on till the eleventh hour. I can feel being stressed out by it because of the sensations I feel. I have something that was similar to the panic attacks that I used to get before a plane ride.

The weekend was also busier than I would like it to be because of Dom & Jas' wedding. On Friday, Dom & Jas invited us out for dinner at Seah street Deli. Kinda like a quick get-together before their wedding on Sunday. It was a good gathering. I always have much fun when I get together with the WGA members. They always make me laugh. I think peanut will like these uncles when they eventually meet..

So even though we had endeavoured to sleep late on Saturday morning, CM still woke up early thinking that its a weekday. I was up quite early. These days I wake up at least one in the night, either to pee or because I was afraid we will oversleep if next day is a working day. I really don't like this kind of lifestyle. I think it is really too stressful. And moments like this really makes me think of a vast stretch of green fields. I wonder if I will really like that kind of life. Anyway, so it was a pretty lazy Saturday on the whole, just getting out of bed for meals and that was pretty much it. Even though we had wanted to go to bed earlier since CM was helping out with the wedding, we still slept at midnight.

The alarm went off at 0615h on Sunday morning. Don actually messaged all the brothers at 6am but I only woke CM up at 0615h. I reckon he will appreciate that extra 15 minutes of rest. I could not really go back to bed after that. I had bought breakfast and lunch at one shot. Not sure why but I think peanut does not like chee cheong fun. I could even get through two 'rows' of chee cheong fun and I felt full. If I tried to finish it, I was quite sure peanut will make me throw all of it out. It was more couch-potatoing till abt 10am when i decide to force myself to get more rest. I eventually still woke up at 1115h and I decided to go for a manicure & pedicure. I hope peanut is ok with me doing that, it sure seems harmless enough. It was all over pretty quickly, as always and I was back home to finish up the lunch I had bought during breakfast. About two hours later, CM was back home and we spent the rest of the afternoon watching 'Farewell to Dr Goh Keng Swee'. You can really feel the sadness of losing a great man and I think as mentioned in one of the eulogies, I think we will not see someone as great as him again. He is truly visionary and I think our society lacks this kind of talent. I think a visionary x realist is like the best every mixture, you have someone who can see beyond the horizon and have the ability to execute the plans to achieve them. Where to find in this time and age.

Then 4pm came and I started to get ready for Dom's wedding. It still turned out to be a rush in the end but I thought as long as we make it in time for the solemnisation at 6pm, it should be fine. Oh, and there was something else that I had forgotten to mention. When CM came home, he was telling me that Alan was appalled at how 'generous' the ang pows they had received were. $4! I was shocked myself but I guess it is because of the treat we were given on Friday. They were also complaining about how the air-con was not turned on even though everyone was melting.

Anyway, so the solemnisation ceremony was held at 6pm sharp. It was a simple ceremony, not sure why, but I did not get the goose pimples that I usually get at such ceremonies. After the ceremony, there really wasn't anything much for us to do. So the whole gin gang went to find ourselves a comfortable place to park ourselves while we wait for the wedding banquet to begin. The guys could not stop playing with their iPhones! These idiots! Before the iPhone, they were all playing with their PSP. With the iPhone now, it just gets worse. There were 10 of us on the table and there were 6 iPhones. CM joked how his phone is the most 'advanced', the G-phone. We eventually made our ways up when the crowd started coming in, and even then, there was nothing much to do and the guys were still at it with their iPhones. We eventually went in to take our seats and the dinner proceedings went as planned. The food was quite generous, the sharks' fins were especially generous. Jas & dom did their dance item, it wasn't perfect but I think it was good enough although I caught Jas glaring at Dom a few times. There were no videos of the morning proceedings, there also wasn't any childhood photo montages. They probably thought it was cliche but without these items, there wasn't much 'entertainment' besides us singing the school song and getting them to drink beer from glasses we had decorated with a chicken head. We call it the 'cock-head' drink cause we could not find the 'cock tail' haha.

Everything ended at approximately 11pm and we got home 20 minutes past 11pm. Took a bath and went to bed at close to 1am. And here I am, at work...in actual fact, I was here since 0630h cause CM had to be at work at 7am. I feel totally whacked out and have no idea how I am going to get through the day. Hopefully CM can pick me up from work today.

No comments: