"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Thursday, May 06, 2010

昏君

The department meeting this morning was just ridiculous. More & More, I feel that it is a waste of time. I just don't agree with how the King runs the meeting. He doesn't ask the right question, and asks questions in the worse ever tone. It just gets on my nerves. But what really topped it off was the 'finale'...

The King 'launched' his 'blue box', yes a box that is blue for people to deposit stuff that are meant for him to sign, read etc., not the friendly competitor's blockbuster, the blue pill. What really got to me was where he chose to locate it - at a hot desk where temp stuff sits. It is a really inconspicuous spot. Me bring who I am , asked the question why we did not put it where the letter head and other stationery are located? It only makes sense, the folder for internal mail is located there too. And seriously, why 'create' a new location for stuff. I cannot comprehend. The icing on the cake was the King's reply. He said:" For some reason, I was told that this is the best location." Duh, don't you even question why it is the best location? Well, he really didn't need to. The reason is obvious, cause it is closer to Ms C's desk than the common area for stationery! That's why.

Another colleague also shared the same sentiments and wondered if it was risky to leave P&C stuff just lying around. Ms C had always been stated PII as the reason for her not doing 6S and stuff but yet it did not matter now to have them lying around openly. Really hate her double standards but I hated the King's foolishness! I mean, I don't even need you to be smart to detect MS C's selfish intention but you should think from a more logical angle and do the right thing! The place where the stupid blue box is now will eventually be taken by another colleague Ms S, and it will need to move anyway. I won't be surprised if it gets moved to Ms C's desk.

What lousy management....

No comments: