"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

The beginning...

So today is like a very very very very special day for me & CM...I am not like supposed to tell anyone yet. At least that is what old wives believe. The whole sequence of event was all quite strange...

CM & I have been planning for kiddos, we thought that this is the right time and so we started trying since last November. We didn't have more luck, probably cause we were not trying all that hard anyway. Things started to change slightly about a couple of weeks ago...the period was late but it had been late before, so I didn't think too much about it. Then the boobies start to get really tender but that was all normal as well before a period. But I had infrequent acute cramps in my lower abs, that I thought was a little strange. But not reading too much into it, I went about my usual activities, drinking Oolong tea and exercising...but then it started feeling a bit strange cause the period was later than usual...so CM decided it was time for me to pee on a stick...

I thought CM will forget to buy the stick but he actually remembered to get it yesterday. The pee sticks were not cheap, costing more than S$20. But I hesitated to take the test last night. It was a long night after work and class, so I was not really in the mood for it. But this morning, just before I woke up, I had a very strange dream. I can't really remember the details but it was essentially me taking the test and the results were positive. I woke up almost immediately after that. I jumped out of bed and went straight to the loo and took the pee test. I didn't even take the test in the loo in the bedroom. I did it in the common loo. I had never really bothered to read any instruction guides that intently before. I made sure I read every single word, just to make sure that I would not interpret the results wrongly. The results showed really quickly, and in barely 2 minutes, I saw in front of me, 2 lines. The moment of truth...my heart was beating faster than usual. A thousand things went through my mind all of a sudden. I went into the bedroom and woke CM up and told him about it. His reaction was really mild but I guess that is to be expected of CM, you can't really tell when he's happy and when he's not. But I guess he should be, right?

I guess things are probably going to change henceforth...exciting...

No comments: