I look at comfort as something that is innate. I was at my sister's place the other day watching my baby niece sleep. She was tossing and turning so much, we figured that she was trying to get to a comfortable position to sleep in. I still do that at my age, but I don't toss & turn as much now, cause after many years of practise, I kinda have an idea which position I was most comfortable falling asleep in.
Whilst there is much talk that it is not good to remain in one's comfort zone for too long, at the end of the day, we are all still looking to operate in an environment that we are comfortable in. Doing the opposite would be unnatural, IMO. But I guess life is ironic. You leave a job that you are unhappy in to look for somewhere where life treats you better. When you find a job that treats you better, you start to get restless and wonder what the world outside look like. For me, it is a little bit of the restlessness but I guess when the sugar coating wears you out and you discover a lot of the ugly stuff that lies underneath, some sort of internal conflict between playing it smart and turning a blind eye to things whilst you reconcile with your principles and values.
But I like to leave it to God to decide what is best for me. I am not being fatalistic, I am going to continue to do what i think is right but whether or not things happen after you invest time and effort into an action, IMO, is entirely up to God. I trust that He knows best and what is right for me in the months and years to come.
I told a colleague who was lamenting about the issues he had to deal with - work, family & health. I told him that whilst work may bother him most, but what mattered most was his family & health. For me, I think things are alright for me, although I wished there are more developmental opportunities. But I have got other things that are as important, if not more important to think about. CM & I hope to become parents soon, hopefully we can hear some good news soon. We are also working on renovating his parents' place. These are two things that I look forward to most these days. Although I must admit, a trip to beautiful Bali and winter wonderland in Hokkaido are also great sources of motivation. I just hope that my hard work will get recognise one day, sooner than later I hope ;P
"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment