"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Last day of the decade..goodbye 2009!

Taking a moment to say Goodbye to 2009, it was good whilst it lasted but all good things must come to an end...what matters most is that one has made the most of the time in the year that has past. So what did I spend my time on in 2009...let's see...

1) The inaugural WGA BB celebration at Ritz Carlton. Our first attempt to make a WGA memoribilia - A towel, a very nice one, I must say..

2) CNY - the usual MJ, Texas, Wii and more food!

3) The all-gals trip to Hanoi, Vietnam. I fell so sick at the beginning of the trip, did not bring my phone charger, slept on trains..it was all fun, and it was the first ever trip that we went on where there was only the 3 of us. I particularly enjoyed the 2D1N cruise on Halong Bay. It was really interesting how we can make friends so quickly..and I got to know people from all walks of life, from Montreal, Ho Chih Min, Sweden, Australia, and even Russia!

4) Then we had WGA Q2 BBB, which was on the same day as my company's 50th Anniversary Gala Dinner. I had great fun at both events!

5) Shortly after, the G8 went to Europe. This was never really planned but I am so glad we went as a result of the H1N1 situation. I loved switzerland and enjoyed Mt Titlis most. A close second would be the shopping in Milan and Rome. Paris is in a class of its own and will always have a special place in my heart.

6) Q3 WGA celebration at Orchard Parade Hotel was slightly disappointing and if there is one lesson to learn that will be how things fail when you do not plan for it, period.

7) CM and I also took some time out to visit Ben & Xinyi in Sydney but not before we went on a drive on the Great Ocean Road in Melbourne. I feel in love with Apollo Bay, the view of the waves crashing on the sandy beach where a family was having a picnic will also stay in my head. The cycling tour with Bonza Bikes was such a unique experience, no regrets but I won't do it again unless I have trained adequately for the ride.

8) Year end was quieter than usual but Enko's wedding sort of spiced things up a little. We had fun making a fool out of the boys but the day turned out to be extra tiring with Peiling's wedding on the very same day.

So here I am, the last few hours in office before I go home for a BBQ at my in-law's place...life in 2009 has not been particularly exciting but was packed with little surprises here and there..

I have this feeling that 2010 will have more in store although I think we will be thoroughly exhausted by the end of 2010...C'est la vie...

No comments: