"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Monday, December 28, 2009

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010

I am usually quite nostalgic when the year comes to an end. There are probably many different reasons why I feel that way. Here are some just off the top of my head:

1) Cause the old year was so good, I just didn't want it to end
2) Cause I wonder if the new year will be worse than the old one
3) Cause the year-end festivities are over and it is time to slog again
4) Cause I become older and am reminded again of the under achievement
5)Cause I have one less of a year to live for whatever God has allocated to my existence on earth

Ok, so the bleak and pessimistic stuff but this year, I kinda look forward to the new year. And I think I know why...cause there are things to look forward to in the new year!! Quite a bit in fact. I get bored easily so having new things to do in the new year definitely perk me up! so what are these things, here's a snapshot:

1)Reno for Jeff's parents place
- Bigger place to host friends
- Bringing Pope over so he has bigger space to run around
- Having a bigger place for kids when we have them
- Giving in-laws something to enjoy in old age
- Having parents look after our kids when we have them
- Having home cook food
- Saying goodbye to house chores
- Achieving one of the targets in the end state that we had projected

2) We have 2 confirmed hols with air tixs booked..one where there is just the 2 of us and the other with my BFF and their hubbies..

3) An active year
- Continuing with our weekly jogs
- picking up golf since CM has taken up a gold membership
- I might just go get that bicycle so i can join HZ & Merv for cycle sessions
- And if those blades still work, i should probably take them out for a 'spin'

4) Last but not least...hopefully this is the year we have the luck of being bestowed with a child. I honestly do not know if I'll managed but I know it is the right thing to do and time is not exactly on our side so fingers crossed!!

I guessed that is probably quite enough for a year huh....wow, I can't wait!!

No comments: