"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

That time of the year...

And so, the bells are ringing and the credit cards are being swiped. It is that time of the year to rush to make that last minute purchase for gift exchanging. Seriously why do people do gift exchange, more for the sake of doing it or maybe you just get more utility getting a gift from someone else as compared to buying it yourself. But the chances are, not many of your friends are good gifters so I hope you are prepared for disappointed. CM and I are quite particular about our choice of gufts, especially if you are someone who matters. If you have the luck of receiving a gift that is not run of the mill sort, congrats, you are in our circle of trust...although I must say there are that few exceptions when we bought someone something off the shelf cause we know they wanted something specific.

Anyway, so much about gifts...this entry was supposed to be about looking back on the year that has passed...so..2009...

In 2009, CM & I celebrated 2 years of marriage...it wasn't always a bed of roses but i think there was a lot of learning and accepting. I thank God that when I look at CM everyday, I fall in love with him all over again..the feeling is magical and this is why people get married...you know that question about how you know this is the person you want to be married to? Yup, it is exactly for this reason..how else do you expect to face the same person for 50 years or more.

In 2009, I also stop hanging out with 'frens', never thought I would but I actually did..and I feel a million bucks to do it. I hope my friends can also stop seeking out 'frens' in 2010.

In 2009, I picked up my books again and finally got down to pursuing a Diploma in the area of PR & Comms. It always bothered me to not have been trained in this area. My knowledge came from OJT but getting a professional certificate in the area was just a box that I needed to tick.

In 2009, CM & I also did a fair bit of travelling. Tying in with our family plans, we wanted to visit places that would be hard to visit when we have a family..and so starting from 2008, we visited US, Europe (some parts of it) and more recently, we were in Australia. Travelling is something that I really enjoy, from when we start planning for it to when we are actually on the trip. I like seeing new things, experiencing a different climate..or quite simply, the feeling of leaving the world that I live in behind momentarily. So next year, we already have plans for Taiwan (yes, for the 3rd time) and Bali. London and precinct are also on the plate but pending some confirmation from CM. Exciting...

In 2009, more friends continue to get hitch so CM & I attended quite a few weddings. It is fun to share friends' joy, especially closer ones. Hopefully they will stay together forever! and have more kids to come along the way...and soon it will be kids gathering..haha..

In 2009, my friends from high school also formed the WGA. Am not sure how the namesake came about but no prize for guessing that it had pretty much to do with our penchant for gambling..But since this year is the year that we all turn 30, we had organised quarterly celebrations. It was all really fun, I must say..there was the fair share of heartache to plan so much as I had fun at the parties, I am also quite relieved that we are not doing it next year...phew...

So yeah, pretty sums up 2009, not a bad year but hopefully 2010 will be better...a lot to look forward to!

No comments: