Last Saturday had been a busy day for me, I had 3 weddings to attend! One was Zhen's which started since late morning and did not end till later afternoon. Then I had to rush to Kai's wedding to pass him an Ang Pow before Jeff & I zip off to Melvyn's wedding. We concluded that it has got to be a damn good date. But I guess traditionally, the month of June was popular with couples getting hitched. That's probably why I have another one to attend this coming Saturday and yet another one on the Saturday after.
The string of weddings on the Saturday that has just passed stirred some feelings in me. I can't quite explain what I felt..it was complex...a mixture of joy, happiness and a little bit of sadness...
All 3 who had gotten married last Saturday had one thing in common, well at least in relation to me...they were peps whom I have gotten to know in my teens...
Zhen & I have known each other since forever..we were in the same high school and junior college..we were also in the same ECA (the use of this term risk revealing my age)...we shared all those girlie conversations, went cheonging together, played MJ (still playing), went to chalets and had BBQs...
Kai, well, as he had rightly pointed out when I popped by his wedding dinner at Hyatt on saturday, is a very special person...we dated for abt 9 mths in my last year in RV. He was my Junior in band...man, even as I am blogging abt this, I feel so emotional. Jeff is not going to be very happy to read this but its not like I can help it. I can still remember when Kai first joined the trombone section, I thought this boy was special, he was very good with the trombone, he's very musically inclined...there was something about him that drew me to him. It wasn't easy back then cause I was two years his senior and he was only 14. But Kai was a very sweet boy, i guess that is also why I find it so hard to forget those times I have spent with him.
We sorta went our separate ways after I left RV...we lost touch and then got back in touch..Kai once asked me what things would have been liked if we were not seeing others. Then I thought we would have worked out. I always apprecaited someone who was smart & intelligent but on hindsight, I guess we would never have worked out.
Kai had always wanted to marry young, he liked that sorta feeling, he has always been the homey sort..i guess he has found someone to live that sort of life with him...I think we will drift even further apart going forward..but I will always cherish that time in life, and the memories that we share. It just that part of growing up...
"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment