Sloth & I were supposed to have a relaxing evening after he picked me from work yesterday. But that was not to be. We headed for Vivo for dinner after much deliberation..the rationale was that the parking there should be cheaper than the ERP & parking combined if we had headed straight for forever. so Vivo, it was...
We probably changed our minds a thousand times before one of my Ah-ha moments. I recalled Bronson had mentioned this delicious pastry that I must try at this restaurant call 'Bosses'. That the translated name of its name in Chinese which actually means Triad/Secret Society/Gangs but I guess these did not make good names.
The restaurant's deco was quite chic, in my fave colour, Black...that mysterious feel etc. Side track a bit..in my younger days, I enjoyed watching 'Gu Huo Zai' movies...those played by Ekin Cheng. There's something about those bad boys in traids that intrigued me. I thought it was their loyalty to their brothers that attracted me but later realised that its really the fact that they were doing things that seem fun but I can never do in reality. Our societal norm has long defined those actions as deviant behaviour...but the thrill of the forbidden food still beckons..
Anyway, so we ordered our dinner. Sloth & I like Xiao Long Bao & La Mian, that sorta explains our countless visits to Din Tai Fung & Crystal Jade. So when the lady mentioned that they served Xiao Long Bao, we were sold. We ordered the following dishes:
1) La Mian with Crispy fired chicken (sucks, fried until its not juicy anymore..so dry)
2) La Mian with Stewed Beef ( I thought this was quite delicious, flavourful, a little salty but beef was tender. It came in a most interested bowl in the shape of the number '8'.
3)Xiao Long Bao - Not bad, 7/10...i thought the skin was thick though)
4)Sichuan Spicy & Sour Soup - I liked this best, it was sour enough...and spicy!
After dinner, sloth 7 I was supposed to head for La Senza en route to Giant for grocery shopping..alas..the sight of Mango reminded me that yesterday was the first day of its end-of-season sale. I had been a supporter of Mango (during sale time only) so there was no way I can miss this sale. I made a secret pact with myself many sales ago that I will make it a point to buy a pair of jeans from every sale. hahaha...there is just something about me & jeans..better still jeans on sale.
So i rushed into the crowd..as with most mango sales, the crowd was huge..Sloth was kinda intimidated..so I made a decision that we should maximise our time & get him to do the grocery shopping at Giant while i brave the crowd in Mango.
So i started scanning the racks for best buys...Sales are quite cruel..they sort of remind you that you are not exactly the model like stick figure that will fit into XXS, XS or S sizes...Unfortunately, these are the only sizes that seem to be available..even M & L sizes are damn rare lor...
Anyway, i emerged somewhat victorious with a pair of jeans ($66), a white tank top ($7, I already have the same one in kaki, pink, purpole & green) and a camisole that is a little tight ($9).
I have this feeling that I am not done with Mango for this sale. When I get another chance, and when they slash the price further to 70% off, I am quite sure, I will return for another conquest.
"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment