"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Sense of purpose..

CM's dad and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things and now that we are married, I am not afraid to let him know. Just the other day, he was commenting how he thinks this guy we met works too hard that he doesn't have time for his family etc etc. I thought I highlighted to him that whilst there was some truth in what he said, he should not always choose to see things from one side. I felt that this person led a purposeful life, he for one knew what his passion was and worked hard for it. IMO, I think he leads a rather purposeful life. I mean, how many of us, dare say that we lead purposeful lives? Not many, I suspect. Well, my father-in-law wasn't too interested to hear what I had to say, as always, he didn't give two hoots about what women had to say about anything outside the kitchen. I hope he doesn't get too offended if I actually raise my voice at him one day when he steps over the line. My Mum-in-law does that to him too..haha...I promise I will only do so when he gets unreasonable and when there are no young children around.

Work has been quite terrible recently. There are just too much on the plate and I still have exams to study for. I am keeping my fingers crossed that everything will work out.

No comments: