"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Working makes you fat...

CM & I have the tendency to stash food like we are hamsters or chipmunks. We often end up with too much food that we end up having to throw away. We feel bad about it and have been making a conscious effort to clean out the fridge every now and then and also resist buying stuff from the supermarket.

I have also been bringing food to work and that was when I realised that whilst we do not snack at home, I seem to be able to finish the stuff that I bring to my workplace quite efficiently. It does make sense if you think about it. Work can get tiring, boring, stressful etc etc..and we all need an outlet. You can't yell at the top of your lungs to relieve stress, your colleagues will surely shun you after that. You can take a nap, your boss will send you packing if he sees you doing that. There are no TV at work and there is too little time to go for a jog, so what are our options? It seems pretty clear now, isn't it? And it all seems to make sense why people out on weight once they start working. Time to stop blaming the flagging metabolism. Insight for the day for me man....but it is hard to balance not wasting food and snacking at work, which ends up in weight gain....

Solution: Healthier food options..so even if I have to bring them to work to finish, I am bringing healthier food...

No comments: