Lo and behold, my dearest and me have now stepped into the 11th week of his now small but nonetheless important existence. This week is especially important for our family of three, as we having an appointment with Dr Wong this Friday. CM & I will need to take some blood tests to make sure that we do not have pre-existing hereditary disorders that may get passed on to peanut. Peanut will also get tested for Down. It is quite a scary thing, this unknown, but we can only pray hard that all will be well.
The past week had been rather crazy, as it draws closer to the event I am working on, things just gets busier and busier. During the whole 8 hours at work, there is hardly time for me to catch my breath other than lunch time. And sometimes, even at lunch, I find that I needed the time to just unwind and I don't feel like talking much. It is a scary feeling to have things happen so fast that you feel that you are losing grip. I just try my best to keep abreast of matters.
It has been the same roller coaster ride for me and peanut. Some days, I will ok, pretty much like what I am like usually, but there are days when the nausea, burping, heart burns, giddy spells, loss of appetite and migraine gets really bad. The fatique also 'handicaps' me to a certain extent. But I think it should get better as the 1st trimester comes to a close.
I am also blessed to have been able to go home for some home-cooked food. I was so sick and tired of food outside that I hardly feel like dinner most of the time. Mum says I can go home once or twice a week for dinner! So i hope I'm eating right for peanut, I have been trying to take more veg, i wonder if corn qualifies?
What made the week worse was really the project for my Diploma. There was hardly time to finish my work, much less the assignment. But I must say, I am proud of myself because despite the challenges, I have been able to meet my deliverables. I hope I am being the right role model for peanut from day 1. It was sheer tough lucj when I started getting a runny nose and a bad headache towards the end of the week. And the fact that I cannot take any OTC meds really did not help. I had to depend on getting enough rest, drinking loads of water, and my body's immunity to fight the germs! Thankfully, I can say at this point of time when I am making this entry that my body has recovered!! Yippee! Other than my general state of well-being, I am just glad to not be a bacteria-host to pose any threats to peanut.
The weekend that just passed was really a blessing from God. I have not been so thankful ever for a 5-day work week. The body was physically so exhausted and crying out for rest! So when the weekend came, the body just happily collasped into the sofa..just like a phone running low on batt plugged into a docking station to charge. The icing on the cake was to have CM for both Saturday and Sunday. It only happens once a month...I usually only have him for Saturday or Sunday. I really hope things will change when peanut comes along.
Saturday was spent recuperating and that gave me energy for Sunday. Finally had the security tag on my Balenciaga bag removed. The folks at the shop was helpful enough to sort that our for me even though they are unable to allow a one for one exchange. Lunch at Marche was good too, catching up with friends over my favourite Rosti ( hmm...I wonder if peanut will like potato dishes as much as I do)...and then movie..the movie was good, the storyline was surprisingly good for a animnation film. Even CM's dad was impressed. He hasn't watched animated film in a long long time. The day ended with a very very full and salty ramen meal at Vivo before we headed home. I really love my home, I feel safe and comfortable....ah, I can't wait to get home tonight...already tired...peanut is probably tired too.
"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment