"Pleasure only starts once the worm has got into the fruit, to become delightful happiness must be tainted with poison" - Georges Bataille

Sunday, August 13, 2006

The Big Question

13th August 2006 now becomes one important day in both me and Jeff's lives. Even though we have been looking for a flat of our own for a period of time now, he has only popped the question today, at 2am.

I have always wondered what it'd be like when he finally asks the question and I'd never imagine it to turn out the way it did. He actually put in lots of effort to plan something special for both of us but somehow things did not turn out the way it should.

He had wanted to take half the day off on Fri to see to the arrangements but was delayed in office. What made it worst was that my mobile phone was out of battery so i was basically uncontactable. Of course the traffic condition on the day itself made things worst. A normal half hour journey took one and a half hour instead.

The fireworks had gone off by the time we hit town and his plan for us to have dinner inside a hotel room which he had booked to watched fireworks was foiled. I had been angry with him for rushing me so much and made me go hungry till such late hours. I nagged at him for a good 45 minutes and the mood was kind tense by the time we reached marina.

He told me that he had wanted to cancel whatever that he had planned as i had already been so mad and he didn't want things to be marred. But as i had been hungry and had already ordered room service, he decided to bring me there so i can eat something. I must say i was really surprised and suspected that he had planned that to pop the question but he didn't during the dinner and he didn't when we were in the room.

Anyway, we checked out of the hotel at 6pm and had dinner and caught the second round of fireworks. I had thought that he had simply wanted to do something nice for me and was quite happy.

After fireworks, the traffic started to built up and his car accidentally scratched someone else's car..i was like..what the $%^&!! We were really damn unlucky but thank goodness the damage done was not serious. I tried my bestest to not chiding.

After things were more or less settled, we retreated to his home and got ready to sleep, he took the ring out from nowhere and asked the question! I was surprised but happy. It sort of put things in place for us..

Next, we'll have to find a place which we cab both call home..

No comments: